Garage Door Safety
Just as you want your home to be a haven for your kids, Ventura County Overhead Door wants to make sure that you and your children know how to operate and maintain garage door safety at all times. Our goal is to make sure that the system will operate properly every time you need it. Since the garage door is the largest and heaviest moving object in most homes, it requires a couple fundamental “rules” to keep your family free from harm.
Things you should discuss with your family about Garage Door Safety
- The garage door and garage door opener are not toys. They are dangerous if misused, and can cause serious injury.
- Children should never be allowed to play with the garage door or its operating system. Children should never stand, run or play under or near any garage door, especially when the door is open or moving.
- Adults should not allow children access to the remote controls or push button wall controls for garage door opener systems. The push button wall control for a garage door operating system should be mounted at least five feet off the floor, out of the reach of kids.
- Never stand, walk or run under a moving garage door. Never try to enter or exit the garage by racing under a moving garage door. Do not hang on the sections or climb on the tracks.
- When opening or closing the garage door, always keep the door in view until the door is fully opened or fully closed. Make certain that no adults, children or animals try to enter or exit while the door is closing.
- Keep fingers and hands away from door sections when the door is opening or closing to avoid injury.
- Keep your garage door properly maintained to keep it operating safely. Annual maintenance by a trained service technician is recommended. Click Here to schedule your Preventative Maintenance